Long Time Questions

From: Richard Brown (esoft@ix9.ix.netcom.com)
Date: Wed Apr 09 1997 - 19:06:51 PDT

Date: Wed, 9 Apr 97 22:06:51 -0400
From: Richard Brown <esoft@ix9.ix.netcom.com>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Long Time Questions

>Please, tell me what were your real experiences with Neps and standing water.
>Which losses,which species and description of negative effects before death.

Perhaps I am a little late to get in this topic. I am using my business
partners' computer, on company time in the evening (the advantage of
being one of the bosses). As I left my home to return to my workplace, I
checked the Nep. growing area. At 9:30 PM the humidity was 70 percent at
72 degrees F. My large Neps are hanging in baskets where they get
excellent drainage. Only seedlings sit over/in a tray of water, so the
pots absorb water via capillary action. If larger plants sit in water
they will deteriorate under my growing conditions. The only exception is
N. mirabilis echinostoma, which will deteriorate if not sitting in water!

Hope this is helpful.

Trent Meeks
Pompano Beach, Florida.