Nepenthes grafting...

From: Perry Malouf (pmalouf@access.digex.net)
Date: Mon Apr 07 1997 - 10:56:31 PDT

Date: Mon, 7 Apr 1997 13:56:31 -0400 (EDT)
From: Perry Malouf <pmalouf@access.digex.net>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Nepenthes grafting...

Hello fellow enthusiasts,

I have a few questions about Nepenthes grafting. Has anyone
tried grafting a female branch onto a male plant? Or vice versa?
Do you suppose that the graft would last a long time?

I understand that the graft of one Nepenethes species onto another
may not last a very long time, because of the mismatch in stem
structure and stem growth between many species. Logically, those
with the smallest mismatch would survive a graft much longer.

Is there a large mismatch in stem structure between male and female
plants of the same species?

Wouldn't it be nice to have both kinds of flowers on one plant?
Of course, getting the male and female branches to bloom at
the same time is another story altogether :-)

Regards,

Perry Malouf