yellow flowered pings

From: bob mcmorris (mcmorris@sanctum.com)
Date: Sun Apr 06 1997 - 22:39:04 PDT

Date: Mon, 07 Apr 1997 00:39:04 EST
From: mcmorris@sanctum.com (bob mcmorris)
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: yellow flowered pings

Hi Jan ! knowing that you are a stickler for detail, I should mention that P
lutea is not the only yellow flowered ping. The ssp P pumila buschwellei
is also solid yellow. P pumila has with out a doubt the most variable flower
color of probably all CP. It has both yellow and purple throat colors and
petals can vary from white to rose, thru all shades of purple to an almost
indigo and then solid yellow. I also have some with the same white areola
in the base of the throat(rest of the petal is lite purple) as in P
primuliflora. I have even heard of greenish flowers as well. Some clones
have flowers that unfold as snow white and then turn a dark purple.
  On another note, I am looking for a copy(new/used) of Lowerie's vol 1.
If anyones has an extra or knows where one can be had; I would appreciate
hearing via private mail. I have an extra copy of Schnell's book that I can
put into the bargaining if interested.

Bob(also in Fla)