Re: Neps prices

From: Oliver T Massey CFS (massey@hal.fmhi.usf.edu)
Date: Fri Apr 04 1997 - 07:39:03 PST

Date: Fri, 4 Apr 1997 10:39:03 -0500 (EST)
From: Oliver T Massey CFS <massey@hal.fmhi.usf.edu>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Re: Neps prices

> Are the prices I see trough the different messages normal ?
>
> I've bought my N. burkei for 12 $, young plant 15 cm high in very good
health.
> 6 months later it's 30 high with 10 cm pitchers
>
> I can find hybrids for 3-5 $
>
> I talk about rooted plants in pot !
>
> So, why are the prices so high in the US ?
>
> Watch out for commercial operation...
>
> Laurent

I believe you will find the prices coming down as more tissue culture plants
become available. The Tampa Bay CP club will be selling several Sarrs., two
Neps., and some Pings., Drosera and VFTs for about 3-4$ in 4 inch pots. But we
are not in it for any profit.
Mature specimens I believe will always cost more anywhere you go.

I alos think supply and demand operates here such that the rarer Neps. cost
alot more here in the US than in Europe or Australia.

Tom in Fl.