ICPS Membership Confirmation

From: Kenneth B. Cusson (kbcusson@juno.com)
Date: Thu Apr 03 1997 - 21:05:44 PST

Date: Thu, 3 Apr 1997 21:05:44 -0800
From: kbcusson@juno.com (Kenneth B. Cusson)
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: ICPS Membership Confirmation

Dear Friends & Members of ICPS:

Many of you have been posting notices on this list asking about your
membership status. Although I do read the list almost every day, and the
questions do get my attention, I would much prefer it if you would send
your requests to my privately at either my work address
(ken@mail3.casadyg.com) or my home address (kbcusson@juno.com). If the
question has to do with your membership status it might be best to e-mail
my home address, as that is where all the records are. PL:EASE give me as
much information as possible to look for. A partial name and your e-mail
address usually does not work well.

I do appreciate how patient everyone has been as I have tried to tackle
the IMMENSE job of updating the database in time for the CPN mailings.
Many of you are not aware of how this process works and, perhaps, it will
help if you were aware of how (the machinery" grinds ...

The vast majority of renewals/new membership requests are sent to our
permanent address at Cal-State Fullerton in So. Calif. Leo Song, our
Business manager, bundles these letters up and sends these packets (I
call them "mountains") up to me about every two weeks (I live in Central
California) for processing. You can see why it can take 2 to 4 weeks for
me to get your request processed AFTER it has been received at Fullerton.
My deadline to get new addresses, changed addresses, and renewing
addresses to our "publisher" is 30 days prior to publication. Once I have
sent the revised data list to him, the number of issues needed is set.

Those of you who send in your renewals late, will receive any issues you
missed either in a lg. bulk mailing that we will do in May or June, or if
your renewal misses that date, in individual mailings after that date.

I hope this information has helped.

Keep Growing!

Ken Cusson, Secretary/Treasurer
I.C.P.S.