Re[4]: CP observation

From: BREWER__CHARLES@ecomail.damneck.navy.mil
Date: Wed Apr 02 1997 - 13:16:48 PST

Date: Wed, 2 Apr 1997 16:16:48 -0500
From: BREWER__CHARLES@ecomail.damneck.navy.mil
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Re[4]: CP observation

     John,
 I can only assume the following. During the time I clean out the S. psitt
bucket, I used regular city water. Normally I don't have a problem with this
water, but we just had our second hurricane of the season hit us and I feel that
there might have been a higher concentration of chlorine in the water then
usual. After the hurricane, I had leaves and junk everywhere and one night, I
got this crazy and costly idea that it was time to clean out the old S. psitt
pot. Will, it took the plant about a week to die. I was to busy looking for a
house to buy and I really did not pay any attention to what was going on, until
it was to late. The length from pitcher to pitcher tip was a little over a foot
long. Boy was I upset. Try not to make the same mistake I did. If you use city
water, have it tested and then throw it away and buy distill water or use rain
water. In other wards, don't take a chance.
                         Charles

I'm wondering why you considered this action to be a bad mistake? I have to
assume that the plant did poorly afterwards, but can you shed any light on
why dividing the plant and cleaning it's container was a bad move? I'm
curious because I hope to procure a
S. psittacina in the near furure (hi Dave :)

Regards,
John in Phoenix