re: Pingrovanda primuliflipula

From: L235@aol.com
Date: Wed Apr 02 1997 - 10:54:34 PST

Date: Wed, 2 Apr 1997 13:54:34 -0500 (EST)
From: L235@aol.com
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: re: Pingrovanda primuliflipula

<Now this one is really simple. It is the theoretically predicted
<(and for some unknown reason not yet famous) "primerose-flowtrapped
<butterwheel plant".

Now I only had three years of Latin,
enough to butcher the mottos of most universities
and (barely) remember the first line of Julius Caeser's
Commentaries on the Gallic Wars
(Gallia est omnia divisa en partes tres ....)

But I translated the new plant as ...

"greasy-flippered orchid-flowered primrose"

Although I believe the Pinguicula-Vanda hybridization efforts are
fairly well known and of long standing <g>

Jay (L235@aol.com)

BTW, my joker's hat off to this year's April Foolster!