Re: water

From: -Tom- (tkhayes@pennet.net)
Date: Thu Mar 27 1997 - 12:19:48 PST

Date: Thu, 27 Mar 1997 20:19:48 GMT
From: -Tom- <tkhayes@pennet.net>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Re: water

Mark,

>Yes, nobody gives them distilled water in the wild. But isn't it true that
>proper, nutrient poor habitats for cp's disappear because of the nutrient
>input through acid rain.

I doubt acid rain harms the PH of the typical bog in the South Eastern
United States. The PH is very acidic in the first place, and the ecosystem
is quite unique. The water flowing everywhere is all extremely acidic. It
resembles tea because it percolates through the peat/sand and and absorbs
the tanins, etc... So IMHO I think acid rain doesn't bother CP one bit.
But I am by no means a scientist. I can't this is absolutely true, so
anyone have any more input here?

Take care & keep on growing,

-Tom-