D. brevifolia

From: MPM7347@ACS.TAMU.EDU
Date: Mon Mar 24 1997 - 04:53:20 PST

Date: Mon, 24 Mar 1997 6:53:20 -0600 (CST)
From: MPM7347@ACS.TAMU.EDU
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: D. brevifolia

I have a few questions on lighting and D. brevifolia (among other cp's)
1. I have my plants in plastic window boxes on my back porch. I know The
    humidity is adequate, and in late summer (being in TX) I may have to
    be careful with high temp's...
    but now, they get a full 6.5 hours of direct light shining on them each day, and then the light passes over the house, and they get 'indirect light'
    or I guess just plain shade. The sun doesn't shine directly on them
    for the rest of the day. Is this adequate?

2. Is D. brevifolia a true perenial? and if so, is there any dormant period
    to speak of? summer/winter...

3. Moisture (of medium) for these plants through the seasons... do they
    like to be dryer in the summer?

4. Also, how long does it take for Drosera seeds to develop in flower ?
    ( I only have experience with reproduction through pollenation with
    Dionaea.

Thanks for all of your help!

Mike