AKAI RYU VFT

From: Robert Hood (CP-MAN@msn.com)
Date: Fri Mar 21 1997 - 15:10:42 PST

Date: Fri, 21 Mar 97 23:10:42 UT
From: "Robert Hood" <CP-MAN@msn.com>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: AKAI RYU VFT

Hi everybody in the cp world.Im have Akai Ryu VFT,but I have not been able to
find out any history about the plant.Who discoved it or made it by cloning
with something else.I wish I knew the history behind this plant because it is
also interesting to know the story of something you only know of by growing
it.Any info. would be great.Oh,and I almost forgot!A few days ago someone said
about there N. mirbilis (Thailand) producing no pitchers and for some reson
mine seems to really slow down on pitcher formation and the plant itself
hardly grows at all at the end of winter/very beginning of spring,but it looks
light now it is starting to come out of that phase and will probally show more
action soon.I don't know why this species picks that time to take a "rest",but
maybe someone else does?

                     Happy cping,
                      Robert Hood