Re: CP and Cats

From: dave evans (T442119@RUTADMIN.RUTGERS.EDU)
Date: Thu Mar 20 1997 - 20:18:00 PST

Date:    Thu, 20 Mar 97 23:18 EST
From: dave evans                           <T442119@RUTADMIN.RUTGERS.EDU>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Re: CP and Cats

> I think my cat dug up and ate a clump of Drosera capillaris, Does
> anyone know if this will hurt my cat?

No, it won't hurt the cat (dogs like butterworts, Mexican especially).
Though I can't say I'm happy about it. My sister's cat recently ate
a lot of flowers off my D.dielsiana * D. sp. transvaal (which keys
out as pure D.dielsiana, BTW). Anytime the door to my room is open
the cat rushes in to get at my plants. I've taken to spraying the
cat down everytime it comes into my room, but to no avail! I sure
wish cats would get sick from eating CP, then perhaps then it
would stay away. If you get more CP's (or other herbs), you must
keep them away from the cat, else you'll be the proud owner of
CP salad. I've heard it's good with Russian dressing. ;)

Dave Evans