NPLUMMER@hg-basic1mail.hg.med.umich.edu

From: Phil (cp@pwilson.demon.co.uk)
Date: Sun Mar 09 1997 - 14:31:13 PST

Date: Sun, 9 Mar 1997 22:31:13 GMT
From: Phil <cp@pwilson.demon.co.uk>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: NPLUMMER@hg-basic1mail.hg.med.umich.edu

Nick,

I don't recall seeing any reply to your message on the list server but maybe you
got some answers via private email.

I live in the UK so I don't have too much experience of the Western Australian
habitat but I do grow tuberous Drosera. I can't give you any details of specific
species which grow with the plant you mention but I would guess that all the
tuberous forming species would have similar cultivational requirements to the
orchid.

If you want to speak to an expert I'd suggest writing to Allen Lowrie who is
very familiar with the wildlife of the Western Australian bush. He will no doubt
be able to give you much more specific information but will also be able to sell
you tubers of the appropriate species although it is rapidly nearing the time
when the tubers in the southern hemisphere are breaking dormancy so he may not
be able to supply much this year. If this is so give me a shopping list and I'll
see what I can do from my collection when they go dormant.

Unfortunately Allen is not available on email so you will have to write to him.
His address is, 6 GlennPlace, Duncraig 6023, Western Australia, Australian.

If you need any other information don't hesitate to ask.

Regards,

--
Phil Wilson
(cp@pwilson.demon.co.uk)