Re: A couple of thoughts

From: Carl Mazur (cherryhillcp@freenet.hamilton.on.ca)
Date: Sun Mar 02 1997 - 19:54:19 PST

Date: Sun, 2 Mar 1997 19:54:19 -0800
From: "Carl Mazur" <cherryhillcp@freenet.hamilton.on.ca>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Re: A couple of thoughts

Hello all,

This was mailed to me, however, I think everyone would be interested.

> Hi Carl:
>
> What do you think of this? Dave Evans is an experienced and knowledgeable
> grower, but that does not necessarily mean that he is right. Any
comments?

> Rand

The giant ceph is not a bogus plant. As far as cephs go, the giant form is
very large with 5cm long pitchers at least. A good friend of mine has many
of these plants, and they truely grow much larger than your regular cephs.
As mine are newly aquired, I can't compare pitchers, as mine haven't
pitchered yet, however, leaves are 2 to 3 times as large as my regular
cephs.

Again, a second friend who got his giant cephs from the same source, has
his growing along side regular forms, and their leaves and pitchers are
easily twice as big if not 3 times the size!

If anyone is interested in giant cephs, contact me privately. I was
talking to this gent just yesterday actually, and said it was OK for me to
pass his name to any interested parties.

Best Regards,

Carl J.Mazur
Cherryhill Carnivorous Plants
Grimsby, ON Canada