Not planning for ICPS 97

From: PTemple001@aol.com
Date: Sat Mar 01 1997 - 02:09:18 PST

Date: Sat, 1 Mar 1997 05:09:18 -0500 (EST)
From: PTemple001@aol.com
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Not planning for ICPS 97

Hi curious Perry

No I'm not planning to attend the conference though I'd love to. But I
simply can't afford time or money to go to the US, Dominican Republic (twice)
and Cuba all in one year!!!

I'll make it some day but don't worry, I'll warn everyone so they can protect
their eyes.

As to Martin Cheek, he's in Camaroons right now (no, don't anyone bother to
look up what CP's he can be asked to bring back, the plants are protected and
Bot. Garden employees can not endanger their job by smuggling protected
plants out of countries they work with! Oh yes, Martin is aware of the CP
Conference (this one) and does get to hear about the content but he's really
rather too busy to be able to be a participant.

Enjoy his presence in the US. For those who don't know him or of him, he's a
really nice guy and definately one of the most knowlegeable Lentibulariaceae
(Pings, Utrics, Genlisea) botanist (at least in some aspects such as
identification) in the world. His real forte is Utics as he worked with the
famous Peter Taylor.

Regards

Paul