Nepenthes pollen

From: Matthew Freid (freidm@involved.com)
Date: Fri Feb 21 1997 - 10:15:22 PST

Date: Fri, 21 Feb 1997 10:15:22 -0800
From: freidm@involved.com (Matthew Freid)
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Nepenthes pollen

Hello all. I'm new to the site, and already in great need of help. I
have a large Nepenthes alata in my greenhouse that is flowering. How do
I fertilize it? Does anyone have pollen? (to be sure, what does a male
flower look like compared to a female - it is not open yet).
I would love to try to get seed from this plant, and could send some in
exchange?? Thank you very much. Also, the flowering vine has several
leaves at its base turning yellow. Is this normal? How can I help the
plant along?
Regards,
Rebecca Patchett
Portland, OR