Re: fertilizing Neps

From: andreas.wistuba@rhein-neckar.de
Date: Thu Feb 20 1997 - 14:43:31 PST

Date: Thu, 20 Feb 1997 22:43:31 +0000
From: andreas.wistuba@rhein-neckar.de
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Re: fertilizing Neps

> Date: Thu, 20 Feb 1997 13:27:42 -0800
> From: dave evans <T442119@RUTADMIN.RUTGERS.EDU>
> To: Multiple recipients of list <cp@opus.hpl.hp.com>
> Subject: Re: fertilizing Neps

> > From: burkhard@ARIES.SCS.UIUC.EDU
> >
> > Hi all. Can anyone recommend any fertilizers for foliar or root feeding of
> > Nepentheses. I have a non-pitchered plant right now which I am coaxing
> > into pitchering, however it is going rather slowly. I read somewhere that
> > Superthrive may help pitchering, but was wondering if the effect would be
> > enhanced if applied in conjunction with a fertilizer on the leaves or the
> > roots. Any other advice to increase trap development would be greatly
> > appreciated. Thanks in advance.
>
> Hi Paul,
>
> Yes, no, maybe. Sometimes Nepenthes can get "stuck" not making
> pitchers. I don't know why... Often, after being in good conditions
> for a bit causes them to grow normally again. Once or twice, though,
> I have had to wait for a basal shoot for new pitchers as the older
> vines simply refused. If you fertilize, use a 1/4 strength sol.
> of what would be using on houseplants.
>
> Dave Evans

I made good experiences with MIRACID (should be easily available in
the US - generally not available in Germany :-( ) in very low doses.

Bye,

Andreas

Andreas Wistuba; Mudauer Ring 227; 68259 Mannheim; Germany
Phone: +49-621-705471 / +49-621-7152027
Fax: +49-621-7152028
E-Mail: andreas.wistuba@rhein-neckar.de
WWW: http://www.rhein-neckar.de/~carnivor/index.html