Water quality/Well water..;.

From: MPM7347@ACS.TAMU.EDU
Date: Wed Feb 19 1997 - 05:06:08 PST

Date: Wed, 19 Feb 1997 7:06:08 -0600 (CST)
From: MPM7347@ACS.TAMU.EDU
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Water quality/Well water..;.

Hello all..
I know that many people have had questions regarding the use of well water
on their plants.. Me too!!
I did a basic water quality test and the results were: 7gpg for hardness (I
think this means moderately hard), high alkalinity (240), pH of 7.2-7.6
and get this.. 0 total chlorine and 0 free chlorine.

Would this water be suitable for use on Cp's?
also.. you well-water people out there.. Should there be chlorine in the water?
or is it usually not put in the water... (I am renting a house w/ well system
and do not know much about the logistics.)
Thanks
Mike