Peter Cole's liverwort!!!!!.

From: Eric Green (saharris@iafrica.com)
Date: Mon Feb 10 1997 - 22:45:59 PST

Date: Tue, 11 Feb 97 06:45:59 GMT
From: saharris@iafrica.com (Eric Green)
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Peter Cole's liverwort!!!!!.

Hi!,
    Peter wrote on the 2/10/97.

> I've actually taken to potting up liverworts that appear in
> CP pots because I rather like them (not carnivorous of
> course, but the motile sperm is fascinating to look at
> through a microscope!) There's nothing wrong with a little
> diversification.

    There is an article by Paul Simons in the British CP Society
Journal, dated Spring 1980, which explains the carnivorous (rotifer
eating) habit of the Leafy Liverworts, Colura and Pleurozia, both
tropical genera.
    I find my local liverwort to be a pain, continually fighting a
losing battle to remove it from my Utrics and Genlisea, which it
can smother in a very short space of time. ANYONE INTERESTED!!!!!,
I doubt whether it is one of the genera mentioned above, rather
cute though if one does'nt grow terrestrials.

          ALL THE BEST Eric

 @ Eric Green Phone: 027-021-7054441 @
 @ 11 Wepener Str. Variety of CP @
 @ Southfield 7800 for sale @