Re: Transplanting

From: Oliver T Massey CFS (massey@hal.fmhi.usf.edu)
Date: Wed Feb 05 1997 - 06:34:42 PST

Date: Wed, 5 Feb 1997 09:34:42 -0500 (EST)
From: Oliver T Massey CFS <massey@hal.fmhi.usf.edu>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Re: Transplanting

> Is there a period of the growing season that is better (or worse) for
> transplanting Sarracinia, Drosera (esp. temperate spp.), and
> Nepenthes? It's getting towards time for my Sarracinia and N.Am.
> Drosera to end dormancy, and I'd like to know whether I should move
> them to new soil before they put out new growth. Likewise for
> Nepenthes, are there better or worse times of the year for re-potting?
>
> Ted DeWitt

I would be interested in hearing other views too. For Sarrs. I believe that
late winter/early spring is the time to transplant, as repotting tends to
initiate new growth in the Sarrs. I am gearing up to start in the next week or
so. I like to do it before I see the season's new growth. Neps. I generally
do the same, but I can afford to wait a month.

Tom in Fl.