Re: Water

From: Russell Elliott (relliott@geocities.com)
Date: Fri Jan 31 1997 - 21:21:43 PST

Date: Fri, 31 Jan 1997 21:21:43 -0800
From: Russell Elliott <relliott@geocities.com>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Re: Water

j.m.haddon wrote:

> Postage paid by: [Image]

> Dear All
> I Have just used up my supply of rain water as we have had no
> rain for a month. In th north west of the UK, where I now live, you can
> expect it to rain every other day. What should I water my plants
> with now ?
>
> yours
>
> JoHn

John,

 If your collection is only small, you may have to start using
distilled water bought from supermakets. You won't want to keep
this up too long though as it will quickly become expensive. As
I live in Australia, I don't know too much about tapwater in the
UK. In Australia you can leave tapwater out in buckets for a few
days to let the chlorine disperse, but I don't know about the
other chemicals that are added to it.

Hope This Helps,

Russell

--
! Russell Elliott, Seed Bank Director,                          !