various

From: John De Witte (j.dewitte@t-online.de)
Date: Tue Jan 28 1997 - 09:58:50 PST

Date: Tue, 28 Jan 1997 17:58:50 +0000
From: j.dewitte@t-online.de (John De Witte)
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: various

Hi all,
Couple of answers:
1.- Film
In the rainforrest I use something like 100 to 200 ASA (fujichrome
or velvia) and ALWAYS use a flash (most of the time ringflash when I
can get close to the plants, normal flash for general shots). The
place is just to dark period. Pictures have come out nice always and
I hope to have them on a page next week. Should be close to 60
species in natural surroundings.
2.- From what i have seen, I would say n. fallax is wider
distributed. I stilltry to find the "original" steno, altough I think
the one from Gunung Murud comes close. The plants at Gunung Api are
maybe the same, but most of the ones growing at medium altitude
(around 1000 meter) Jan Schlaurer would insist on calling n. fallax.
I bow to a higher authority
Keep them growing and remember
Loud pipes (as in Harley) save lives!!!!!!!!!!!
John De Witte
j.dewitte@t-online.de
fax +49-7844-98997