Re: Allen Lowrie's seeds

From: Fernando Rivadavia (ss69615@ecc-xs09.hongo.ecc.u-tokyo.ac.jp)
Date: Mon Jan 27 1997 - 19:02:43 PST

Date: Tue, 28 Jan 1997 12:02:43 +0900 (JST)
From: Fernando Rivadavia <ss69615@ecc-xs09.hongo.ecc.u-tokyo.ac.jp>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Re: Allen Lowrie's seeds

To all,

        As a contributor to Allen's gigantic seed list, I thought I ought
to make a short comment. As to quality of the seed, I don't know if he
keeps them refrigerated, but I know that he asks people to mail the seeds
to him in bubble-plastic to avoid damage. All the seeds I ever received
from him were similarly wrapped in bubble-plastic for protection. In
regards to the age of the seeds, I see some on his list which I remember
having collected as long ago as December 92/January 93. But I have no
idea how long these Drosera/ Genlisea/ Utric seeds are viable anyways.
        Oh well, good luc to all in germinating my Brazilian species and
please keep me posted on which species are now growing well in
cultivation! I like to know how my "babies" are doing!

Best Wishes,

Fernando Rivadavia
Tokyo, Japan