Sand blasting sand.

From: MPM7347@ACS.TAMU.EDU
Date: Fri Jan 24 1997 - 05:38:27 PST

Date: Fri, 24 Jan 1997 7:38:27 -0600 (CST)
From: MPM7347@ACS.TAMU.EDU
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Sand blasting sand.

One more question guys/gals...
I read somewhere .. yet cannot recall where.. that sandblasting sand would be
good sand... It contains silica.. yet it is not completely white.
I went out on a limb and puchased a bag of the medium grade.. I thought maybe
the courser grade would mean better drainage so I decided on an average.
I have checked everywhere in my city for pure white silica sand..
all I find is
'all-purpose
sand which also contains silica but is not completely white...
and some other suspicious sands such as 'Play-sand'
Anyway.... Does anybody have any suggestions as to where I may find some
Silica sand.,.. and/or... is the sandblasting sand containing silica suitable?
Thankyou so much!
Mike