Re: seeds from Lowrie

From: dave evans (T442119@RUTADMIN.RUTGERS.EDU)
Date: Thu Jan 23 1997 - 16:01:00 PST

Date:    Thu, 23 Jan 97 19:01 EST
From: dave evans                           <T442119@RUTADMIN.RUTGERS.EDU>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Re: seeds from Lowrie

> From: Chris.Breckpot@OLVZ-AALST.BE
>
> If I were alone, I would not have posted this message, but the
> fact is that I have heard more complaints about the quality of
> his seeds.

   I haven't ordered from him but a couple of my friends have. Like
you they haven't gotten very good results. I caution against ordering
stuff like Sarracenia as Alan probably gets these seeds already old
from people over here. Anyway, I have never had anything mailed from
Australia germinate so I don't if this Alan's problem or something
the mail goes through on it's way to here. The last thing I got
was some N.ampullaria seed, which did germinate for the grower over
there (hi Meryl!), so it's not as though the seed from that batch was
bad. Still have to keep the pot for a while yet so it may come
up, but...

   I have had good results with ICPS seed bank. If you can order
something from them and Alan, order it from ICPS. That's something
most people already do (getting their seed from local sources)
and may have helped Alan stock pile so much old seed ;)

Dave EVans