Re: Hmmm...could I use RO fishtank water for CPs?

From: Chris Teichreb (teichrch@Meena.CC.URegina.CA)
Date: Thu Jan 23 1997 - 14:36:56 PST

Date: Thu, 23 Jan 1997 16:36:56 -0600 (CST)
From: Chris Teichreb <teichrch@Meena.CC.URegina.CA>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Re: Hmmm...could I use RO fishtank water for CPs?

Hi Pat,

> Hello esteemed CP-ers,
>
> The question: We do water changes on these fishtanks. Would
> it be ok, even good, to use the "discard" water from the tanks?
> It would basically be RO water with small amounts of fish
> waste added. I use this water on my non-CP plants and they
> grow extremely well with the fish-waste as fertilizer. We
> do not add any chemicals to the tanks, BTW.
>
> Any thoughts?
>
> Pat (who hates to waste anything!)
> jellison@ceps.nasm.edu

        Personally, I'd say that adding this water to your CP's
once in a while would probably be ok. However, since CP's grow
in nutrient poor soils, you wouldn't want to do this too often
as it would probably kill them. I use fish waste water for my
'regular' plants and they love it. Haven't been brave enough
to try it on CP's, although it's a very natural source. Let
us know if you do, I'm sure I'm not the only one interested in
the results!

Regards,

Chris

Chris Teichreb