Re: Fernando's genlesia hints

From: BIOMAN ED (ay080@lafn.org)
Date: Tue Jan 02 2001 - 12:34:56 PST

Date: Tue, 22 Jan 2097 00:42:26 -0800
From: "BIOMAN ED" <ay080@lafn.org>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Re: Fernando's genlesia hints

I just wanted to add a little info about Genlesia from one of my
experiments. After recieving some G. violacea seed from Fernando when he
visited me, I put them in a petri dish on bibulous paper, added a little
water of course,and later had a fairly decent amount of seed germinate. I
transplanted the seedlings and then let the dishes contents dry out.
Exactly a year later I added some water to the same dish (untouched since I
took the germinated seeds out) and later had some more seeds germinate.
Once again a year later, I repeated the same process and to my surprise
some more seeds germinated. The number of seeds germinating decreased each
time. What a wonderfull thing! This gives me hope when I hear that a good
G. site received little water a certain year or completely dried out for a
season.
Abracos,
Edward Read

(Fernando, Oaxaca was a success, all set for you in L.A.)