re: U. arenaria

From: martin zevenbergen (Martin.Zevenbergen@ALGEM.PT.WAU.NL)
Date: Fri Jan 17 1997 - 02:20:20 PST

Date: Fri, 17 Jan 1997 11:20:20 +0100 (CET)
From: martin zevenbergen <Martin.Zevenbergen@ALGEM.PT.WAU.NL>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: re: U. arenaria

>Hi all,
>
> Can anyone give me a quick summary of growing media
>used, light, etc. for U.arenaria. Was this known by another
>name before as I could not find it anywhere except on a few
>web-pages. TIA.

Chris,
I grow mine just under standard conditions for terrestrial Utrics: a mixture
of peat, perlite, Sphagnum and some sand. In the greenhouse they get rather
high temperatures now (min.18 degr. C during the day) and some extra light in
winter, but I think they will do also very well under cooler conditions.
Good luck!

Martin Zevenbergen
Dept. of Plant taxonomy
Agricultural University