Catch the pest-N. Burkei

From: Laurent Ide (lide@dvddd.com)
Date: Tue Jan 14 1997 - 06:41:08 PST

Date: Tue, 14 Jan 1997 14:41:08 GMT
From: Laurent Ide <lide@dvddd.com>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Catch the pest-N. Burkei

Against jumping little insects that invade your pots, turn the pot over
near a Pinguicula and disturb your visitors (blowing to the soil for
example)... Jumping to escape to the evil blast from this unknown predator,
they just fall into the sticky leaves of the 'butterwort'. A lot of them
will escape, remaining in the pot, but most of them should be caught, and
you can repeat this operation ! Good for the Ping' too.

Thinking about the explanation saying that the red pitchers of supposed N.
burkei could be a juvenile form of N. ventricosa, I'd like to tell that my
own supposed burkei had FIRST green pitchers with red peristom, horizontal.
THEN the next ones turned to red, and for now they are approaching the
peristom color on all their surface, with a few darker lines. How to
accept this as an evolution of the so called juvenile form then ? Will
there be a next step in the growing of my plant ? I'm expecting your
explanations.