Science project

From: Eric Cumbee (acumbee@surfsouth.com)
Date: Sun Jan 12 1997 - 17:12:01 PST

Date: Sun, 12 Jan 1997 20:12:01 -0500
From: Eric Cumbee <acumbee@surfsouth.com>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Science project

My name is Eric Cumbee and I am in the sixth grade at Ben Hill County
Middle School. I am doing a science fair project on using different
media and germinating carnivorous plant seed to check the effects of the
different kinds of media. Dr. Finer and Dr. Stiff and Jeff Welech and
others from the tissue culture news groups have given me lots of ideas
and help on my project. My dad grows carnivorous plants and is
providing me the seeds and I have ordered some media from England if it
ever gets here. And I have printed Mr. walkers pages on tissue culture.
My dad has some nepenthesies seeds. He said that he did not want me
experimenting on his nepenthesies seeds but if I could find exactly what
kind of media it took to grow these seeds he would give me a few to
try, Does anybody know where I can buy a little bit of the kin of
media. Someday I would like to grow enough plants to send them back to
where they came from so they want become exestinct. If any body has any
information I would appreciate it. Please don't use to many big words
because I have to stop and my dad makes me look them up. My dad said
That I could go with hem to the international conference in Atlanta
maybe I will see you there.
Thank You.
Eric Cumbee
Ben Hill County Middle School