Re: Re: Re: _Nepenthes_ naming

From: dave evans (T442119@RUTADMIN.RUTGERS.EDU)
Date: Thu Jan 09 1997 - 18:35:00 PST

Date:    Thu, 09 Jan 97 21:35 EST
From: dave evans                           <T442119@RUTADMIN.RUTGERS.EDU>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Re: Re: Re: _Nepenthes_ naming

> Dave, I always thought the opposite. But then I was told that the two
> toned plant is just a juvenile form of N. ventricosa. This is evident on
> my own male vent. Tow pitchers ago it was two towned, now it is porcelain
> green, with a bright red peristome.

Hi Christoph,

   This theory about the two toned pitchers being the juvenile/
lower pitchers could be right. The N.burkei is the cutting I
received which flowered soon after rooting, so it is in it's
upper growth. If true, your plant may flower soon! I did see
a huge plant (a couple feet across) of N.ventricosa at Long Wood
Gardens with the two tones, but it may have still been in low
growth... Could this be the only way to tell in this species?

Dave Evans