Re: Re: Keeping Cp over the winter

dave evans (T442119@RUTADMIN.RUTGERS.EDU)
Fri, 20 Dec 96 20:47 EST

> From: "Phil Semanchuk" <semanchuk~pj@GLAXOWELLCOME.COM>
>
> > and a few types of sundew, including a staghorn
> > sundew.
> >
> Andy, I'm not familiar with a staghorn sundew but VFTs and S. flava can
> tolerate fairly cold temparatures. Mine are in my back yard right now and
> last night's temps went to about 15F or -9C.

Yes, Phil those plants can handle some very cold weather. Staghorn
sundew is D.binata. That one can NOT take anything more than a
very light frost and even that will knock all it's leaves off.
This one should be treated more like a tropical even though it
truely is temperate, it just doesn't grow were freezing temps occur.

Dave Evans