Re: RE: Why isn't my sundew sticky ?

dave evans (T442119@RUTADMIN.RUTGERS.EDU)
Fri, 06 Dec 96 20:21 EST

> From: "Thomas K. Hayes" <tkhayes@PENNET.NET>
>
> This sounds as simple as light deprivation. I keep the standard sized
> greenhouse trays covered with the humidity domes and place them DIRECTLY
> under the lights. I have just enough room to slide the trays in and out.
> You would never know my plants aren't growing in a greenhouse. They develop
> wounderful color and grow VERY fast for vft's. (What a shame I can't do
> this with my neps....)

Hi Tom,

I just wanted to add something. If you don't keep humidity
domes over the trays (like me) you'll want to move the plants a
little farther away from the lights. The domes will cut the
light levels down by 10-20%. So plants doing great this close
to the bulbs, may burn or dry out very quickly if kept at the
same distance once the dome is gone, or if it was never there.

Dave Evans