Re: propagation

Russell Elliott (relliott@geocities.com)
Fri, 06 Dec 1996 18:30:10 -0800

Alan D Reeves wrote:

> Postage paid by: [Image]

> Can anyone tell me a good way to propagate Carnivorous plants??? I've
> tried to learn how to do tissue cultures but I haven't found any
> information on the subject. Any help on the materials, special skills,
> and where to get any of the materials would be most helpful.
>
> Thanks,
> Alan

Alan,

You can propagate carnivorous plants in many ways. Use can use leaf,
root and stem cuttings and seed. Plants such as Drosera can be propagated
by most of the above methods, while others such as the Nepenthes are best
by stem cuttings. They can also be propagated from seed, but this can be
a very slow process.

Propagating these plants is quite easy, as long as you use an open
medium, and ensure they that they have plenty of humidity. What plants
are you intending to propagate?

Russell