Re: ICPS voting

Ken Cusson (ken@casadyg.com)
Fri, 29 Nov 1996 09:27:07 -0800

I have been reading this thread and I am amazed at how easily rumors can
suddenly become fact!

Some of the statements that have been made concerning the ICPS are simply
not true ...

1) Membership -- This is open to anyone world-wide. The only conditions
are that they pay their dues and have an interest in CP.

2) The only restriction for anyone running for office is that they must
be a member in good standing (and the only requirement for that is that
they have paid their dues).

3) Rick Walker (the current President of ICPS) has asked repeatedly for
nominations for officers (he also made it clear that you could nominate
yourself if you so desired). When he finally ran out of time (as set by the
by-laws), he had no choice but to submit the names of those already
nominated. The ballots should be in the mail very soon, if not already, and
every member in good standing will receive one. They should be returned
ASAP as the results must be announced by Dec. 31.

If anyone is going to "flame" the ICPS, at least let's do it with a full
knowledge of the facts. The by-laws are posted for all to see at:

http://www.hpl.hp.com/botany/public_html/cp/html/icpsblaw.htm

I hope this helps.

Ken Cusson

> From: Fernando Rivadavia <ss69615@ecc-xs09.hongo.ecc.u-tokyo.ac.jp>
> To: Multiple recipients of list <cp@opus.hpl.hp.com>
> Subject: ICPS voting
> Date: Friday, November 29, 1996 4:33 AM
>

> To all,
>
> >As far as I know only US members are eligable for election, otherwise
I'd have