Re: fungus, how to kill it

dave evans (T442119@RUTADMIN.RUTGERS.EDU)
Fri, 22 Nov 96 18:21 EST

> From: info96c3@ULB.AC.BE(Micheletti =?iso-8859-1?Q?Micha=EBl?= )
>
> My nepenthes basket's is attacked by Botytris fungus.
> How can I kill it without killing my nepenthes?
> I found in a french book that I must use Benomyl.
> But in Belgium, I cann't found Benomyl, in reality, I can,
> but I must buy 10 kilogr. because it dosn't exist in small packets.
> Could you help me to save my nepenthes they will die soon.
> Wich other fungicid can I use or someone could sale me a packets of
> Benomyl.
>
> Thanks. Michael info96c3@ulb.ac.be

Benomyl will not kill that fungus. It's simply too tough.
It might strengthen your plant against the fungus' attack however.
Is the fungus on the plant or in the soil? I have only seen
grey mold (Botytris) on Nepenthes soils, thankfully. This is
easy to take care, just replace the soil by repotting. Small
spots of fungus can be killed or at least controlled by hitting
the fuzzies with water from a spary bottle which breaks apart the
tiny filaments.

Dave Evans