Re: Re: Destruction of Wild CP

dave evans (T442119@RUTADMIN.RUTGERS.EDU)
Fri, 15 Nov 96 16:42 EST

> From: "Michael.Chamberland" <23274MJC@MSU.EDU>
>

> But these homes are needed to house our growing population. People,
> especially lovers of nature, do not want to live in the overcrowded,
> blighted cities. They want to live in the country. So homes are
> built there. Development is beneficial to us. It provides homes and
> business sites, and it generates revenue. Shopping centers and
> factories are needed to support our growing economy. Jack Kemp
> (vice-presidential candidate) strongly emphasized the view that the US
> economy needs to grow much faster if we are to maintain prosperity in
> the US.

Hi Little Devil,

Is this true? I keep on hearing how the populations have to
keep growing to feed the economy. This just doesn't sound quite
right to me though. Perhaps this is simply not true, is Jack Kemp
full of it? I mean, it seems that as cities age, they simply
fall apart and loose their vitality and so we have to keep clearing
new land to supports cities? Why aren't cities able to be less of
a drain?

Dave Evans