To Jason Meyers

Phill Cook (pac@physchem.ox.ac.uk)
Mon, 11 Nov 1996 10:47:53 GMT

>From postmaster@ox.ac.ukMon Nov 11 10:33:55 1996
To: pac@physchem.ox.ac.uk

This report relates to your message: Subject: To Jason Meyers,
To: cp@opus.hp.com
Your message was not delivered to cp@opus.hp.com
for the following reason:
Unknown Address
Nameserver error for opus.hp.com: Non existent host/domain
(NXDOMAIN)

***** The following information is directed towards the local
***** administrator and is not intended for the end user
*
*
* DR generated by: mta oxmail4.ox.ac.uk
* in /PRMD=UK.AC/ADMD= /C=GB/ at Mon, 11 Nov 1996 10:09:38 +0000
*
*
* Converted to RFC 822 at ox.ac.uk at Mon, 11 Nov 1996 10:09:41 +0000
*
*
* Delivery Report Contents:
*
*
* Subject-Submission-Identifier: [/PRMD=UK.AC/ADMD=
* /C=GB/;<199611111008.KAA24426@joule.pcl] Content-Identifier: To Jason
* Meyers Original-Encoded-Information-Types: ia5-text
* cp@opus.hp.com* Recipient-Info: cp@opus.hp.com,
* /RFC-822=cp(a)opus.hp.com/PRMD=Internet/ADMD= /C=us/;
* FAILURE reason Unable-To-Transfer (1); diagnostic
* Unrecognised-ORName (0); supplementary info "Nameserver error
* for opus.hp.com: Non existent host/domain (NXDOMAIN)";
****** End of administration information

The Original Message follows:

[ Part 2: "Included Message" ]

To: cp@opus.hp.com

Hello Jason!

I am a relative amateur but it sounds like you've got botrytus! I have
quite a few sarracenia, none of which have become infected on a cold
Oxford windowsill laden with condensation and damp. However I was
recently given a pot of Sxcatesbaei, three or four adult plants in a
~5inch pot. The density of plants was such that they caught the lurgy.

Pesticides, I think, are generally dodgy with CPs, use in low concentration
and avoid getting in the pitchers if you must use them, is my advice. However,
it may be time for you to get out the scissors and prune back all infected and
dead material on your plant. The most important point is to increase the
airflow around the plants, and to remove any dead tissue that the mould can
colonise. Do this away from the rest of your collection. The mould contains
spores which fly around and infect anything else they find with only the
slightest provocation!

This may all be nulled by more experienced people, but may be of some use

Phill Cook