Re: peatmoss tea

Perry Malouf (pmalouf@access.digex.net)
Thu, 31 Oct 1996 14:45:57 -0500 (EST)

Loren Russell wrote:

> ...Chances are that the main constituents of peatmoss tea are
> tannins [like black tea]..... I suspect that the tannins might cause
> enough physiological [or osmotic] stress to the CP roots to enhance the
> plants' coloring.

Yes, well said. I remembered the tannins after I sent the posting.
Sorry I forgot the most important constituent, and quoted a
misleading constituent.

Preliminary results of some experiments with peat tea were displayed at
the Eastern CP conference this past June. An article by Rob
Sacilotto has been submitted to CPN; I believe it has been
accepted for publication. You'll find the details in that article.

Of course this hasn't been a definitive experiment. But some
effects have been noticed, and it would be interesting if others
tried the treatment after reading the upcoming article.

Perry Malouf