Re: Drosera-hybrids

dave evans (T442119@RUTADMIN.RUTGERS.EDU)
Fri, 18 Oct 96 20:02 EDT

> From: Johannes.Marabini@T-ONLINE.DE(Johannes Marabini)
>
> I am looking for informations about two Drosera-hybrids: D.anglica x
> D.intermedia and D.rotundifolia x D.intermedia. Does anybody know about
> original discription, locations o.e.?

Hello Johannes,

In Dr. Jan's data base, it has the name D. beleziana listed
for the D.intermedia * D. rotundifolia hybrid. I have a question
regarding this one, Jan. If the hybrid has not been made; besides
for Tom Hayes' very probably success only this year; what is the
value of this hybrid name? If it wasn't around in the 1890's, I
suppose no type was deposited anywhere... So can it be renamed or
after confirming the cross is for real, does the entry D. beleziana
get a + in front of it?

A couple people mentioned seeing this plant all over New Jersey.
Now, I've been all over NJ too, but have never once seen this hybrid.
Of course, I could have just missed them but I really doubt that...
I've noticed that often D.intermedia and D.rotundifolia don't grow
together and that D.rot. tends to be pickier about where it lives.
So I suppose that in the limited number of places where they do
grow side by side, the cross will be more likey to occur. Now I
have to find such a place.

> !!!!!UPDATED!!!!!!
> Homepage:
> http://home.t-online.de/home/johannes.marabini@t-online.de/index.htm

Ahh, I can now see these great photos using this address!

Thanks,
Dave Evans