Re: VFT's & Tissue Culture

dave evans (T442119@RUTADMIN.RUTGERS.EDU)
Wed, 16 Oct 96 20:25 EDT

> From: BARRY GILES <B.GILES@NETCOMUK.CO.UK>
>
> Reading what people have sent to the mailing list about about
VFT's I have been surprised . I always thought > that there was
only one type, not all these colour variations. This is what 10
years away from the hobby does

HI Barry,

There is only one species of Fly Trap but there are numerous
mutant plants that have been showing up in collections around
the world. Probably since it is the most cultivated CP, VFT
mutations are spotted quickly and multiplied easily. In this
way they become good for trading since while everyone has a VFT,
no one has one with only four teeth and yellow stripes on the out-
side of the trap. Do you? Just kidding, there is no such plant
yet... Tom, now you must come up with this one too.

Dave Evans