Re: Venus Fly Trap Size

John Boehme (jandce@iglobal.net)
Wed, 09 Oct 1996 18:21:28 -0500

At 02:10 PM 10/9/96 -0700, you wrote:
>I have a tiny VFT in about a 2" pot. I bought it this way. The question I
>have is, can I transplant it into a bigger pot, and if I do....will it grow
>larger? I would like to get it to grow large! Please help.

Another consideration is that it is now fall. My VFTs have been getting
smaller and smaller for the last 4 to 5 weeks now. Just this morning I put
them away for their winter dormancy because of our harsh winters here. Last
year, however, two of my VFTs that I potted in 3" round, 4" high pots grew
stems about 4-5 inches long and one of them also shot up a flower. This size
seemed pretty large to me. While a larger pot would help, it is definately
not the only reason for producing large and healty VFTs. It might be a good
idea to let them hibernate for the winter, then watch them grow like crazy
when spring comes.

Good luck.

John Boehme
jandce@iglobal.net