Re: Introduction from a novice

dave evans (T442119@RUTADMIN.RUTGERS.EDU)
Tue, 08 Oct 96 19:01 EDT

> From: Andrew William Hyde <ahyde@SN.NO>
>
> I recently got very keen and bought a 79L fish tank and planted
> everything (except the Nepenthes) in it and put two 23W energy saving
> flourescent lights over it. The light and humidity seem to be helping the
> plants a lot and the Drosera are nice and gooey and produce lots of new
> leaves. BUT, out of what I mentioned I have what can I leave in over
> winter and what should I put in the fridge??? The Pinguicula vulgaris has
> lost it's leaves and has just a little bud in the middle, is this the
> winter bud??

Welcome to the list Andrew. Where are you growing your Nepenthes?
Yes, that the winter bud. I would think your plants should be ok
in the terrarium over the winter so long as you don't have them
much over 75~F (24~C). Otherwise you may have them rot and the fridge
would be better. Cooler temps will be better, 60-70~F will be very
comfy for the plants over winter.

Dave Evans