Re: aquarium size

Clarke Brunt (clarke@brunt.demon.co.uk)
Mon, 30 Sep 1996 23:38:06 +0100

On 29 Sep 96 at 9:32, James Aldridge wrote:

> I am thinking of building an aquarium for cp's, and I notice that 55-60 =
> gal
> is some times recommended. I went in and looked at these, and they are
> *very* large! Is a 20-30 gal size really too small?

LIke others have inevitably said - it depends on what you are going
to grow. I sometimes think about building something to put my few
Nepenthes in, but the ones I have (5, of which N. alata is the only
one with a name) look like they would outgrow most tanks in a very
short time. I know most people say N. alata is a weed (suits first
time Nepenthes growers!) - mine already dangles several feet
downwards and sideways from its hanging pot.

On the other hand, many sundews, Dionaea, Cephalotus etc, would fit
in a small tank, but then I don't need a tank at all for these.

--
Clarke Brunt (clarke@brunt.demon.co.uk)