Rainwater

Carl Mazur (cherryhillcp@freenet.hamilton.on.ca)
Sat, 14 Sep 1996 15:11:40 -0400 (EDT)

On Sat, 14 Sep 1996, Clarke Brunt wrote:

> There'll no doubt be some people who will recommend a dilute solution
> of something or other, but in my opinion NO. Resist the temptation.
> Don't feel that giving fertiliser is bound to make it better - it
> isn't. By all means attempt to give it the occasional insect,
> preferably alive, so long as it had traps to put it in, and it isn't
> catching enough of its own.

Just a comment. If you use rainwater, it contains nitrogen. I'm not sure
who told me this but, I was told that lightning causes a reaction of
somesort, that ends up producing nitrogen. I find that plants watered
with rainwater tend to grow much better for me than when watered with
other sources of water. Maybe its all psychosamatic!

Carl J. Mazur