Re: Tiny snails on Nepenthes

dave evans (T442119@RUTADMIN.RUTGERS.EDU)
Mon, 09 Sep 96 22:54 EDT

> From: sportman@STUDENTS.WISC.EDU
>
> I've got a pest control problem. I've noticed an infestation of very small
> snails - perhaps only 2 or 3 mm across - on my Nepenthes and on a couple of
> orchids. I know these little *&%$* do lots of damage to orchid roots, and
> I can only imagine what they are doing to the Nepenthes roots.
>>edit>>>>>>>< Is there any broad spectrum insecticide that can be used
> on Nepenthes that also kills snails?

I had those tiny snails on my Nepenthes also. After a while they
just disappeared. I suppose they were eaten... Are you sure they
eat the roots? They didn't seem to do any damage to my plants
thought they were in low numbers to begin with. I was under the
impression they were eating algae which grows on the Neps, soil
and glass of the terraruim. Actaully, I know that's what they were
eating since I sat and watched to be sure they were not harming
the plants.

Dave Evans