Re: Wasp Catcher

dave evans (T442119@RUTADMIN.RUTGERS.EDU)
Fri, 23 Aug 96 14:56 EDT

> From: espector@MLSWC.MLM.LUCENT.COM
>
> Get a jam jar. Half fill it with water. Add a shot of washing-up liquid.
> Smear some jam around the inside, from the top down to the water.
> That's it. Just don't deprive your CPs!

Don't worry! The plants will get plenty food anyway.

> Edwin Spector
> (Where wasps are yellow & black).

Sounds like what we call yellow jackets, around these parts (NE USA).
These guys eat anything! Once, long ago, the team was posing for
a photo for the paper. One of my team mates thought he had been
stung by one of those, but he didn't want to move and mess up the
photo. He wasn't stung. It was busy chewing out a bit of his
skin! After the photo was taken, he found a small hole less than
.5 cm drilled out of the back of his thigh. Nasty critters.
The wasps here look mean, often long and black, but I've never
heard of any of them attacking unprovoked.

Dave Evans