RE: Wasps

Carl Mazur (cherryhillcp@freenet.hamilton.on.ca)
Wed, 21 Aug 1996 21:28:18 -0400 (EDT)

On Wed, 21 Aug 1996, Mellard, David wrote:

Hi David!

> Welcome back to the cp list. I have the same problem with wasps (black and
> red), who are able to hang from the Sarracenia's lip, drink the nectar, and
> fly off. Really upsets me. Does anyone know if they actually do harm to
> the plants? I have a commercial wasp trap (given to me by a friend a year
> ago when he found out I had cps), but haven't bothered to put it up yet.

honestly, I've had no problem with my plants, they eat the odd ones, but
as you say, most get a free snack. My concern is around my pond. Those
#$%^&*#$ have made the spaces in the rocks a wasp condominium complex. I
can't even get close enough to collect the filiformis seeds on some of
the islands in the pond! A gentleman was kind enough to send me an idea
for a home made wasp catcher, I'm gonna give it a shot.

Carl J. Mazur
Cherryhill Carnivorous Plants
Grimsby, Ontario Canada
http://www.vaxxine.com/ccphome/