RE: Wasps

Mellard, David (dam7@ATSDHA1.EM.CDC.GOV)
Wed, 21 Aug 96 15:41:00 EST

On Tuesday, August 20, 1996 5:21AM, Carl wrote:

> I remember a few postings a while ago about a homemade wasptrap. If the
> person who posted that interesting contraption is e-listening, could you
> email me personally with the construction details. I've got more wasps
> around my pond than my plants can eat!!!

Hi Carl,

Welcome back to the cp list. I have the same problem with wasps (black and
red), who are able to hang from the Sarracenia's lip, drink the nectar, and
fly off. Really upsets me. Does anyone know if they actually do harm to
the plants? I have a commercial wasp trap (given to me by a friend a year
ago when he found out I had cps), but haven't bothered to put it up yet.