Khasiana planting mix

Richard Hyde (rah@netcom.com)
Tue, 13 Aug 1996 20:36:06 -0700 (PDT)

Will,

> On 10 Aug 96 at 10:03, Will Estes wrote:
>
> > I purchased a Nepenthes Khasiana that is in orchid bark. It is not
> > thriving, and I want to get it into the right soil. Can someone
> > recommend a good soil that is easy to mix?

Having purchased my khasiana from the exact same place you purchased
yours, I assume that we have the same potting mix :-)

Since this khasiana is m first Nepenthes, I'm not sure what to expect,
but mine is putting out new leaves and pitchers. I have it hanging
indoors in an east facing window. It gets about 4 hours of direct
sun a day (filtered through a window). I use a water meter and
add water whenever the indicator drops below 6 (every two days or
so), and mist whenever I remember - about every other morning. Perhaps
it could grow faster - but it is growing and seems happy enough.

I'm in the process of building a 6 X 8 ft. greenhouse out of plastic
fencing material (just like wood - but you screw it together with
self tapping screws!), and I'll move my CP collection into it as
soon as it's finished. Perhaps then I'll have a comparison of
growing rates in various environments.

Cheers,

Rick