Re: Rooting drosera

Thomas K. Hayes (tkhayes@pennet.net)
Tue, 6 Aug 1996 21:14:27 GMT

At 01:25 PM 8/6/96 -0700, you wrote:

>Dave Evans sent directions for rooting drosera.
>Dave, what is the best time of year to do this?
>
>Sara in Grants Pass, Oregon

I'm not Dave, but we are good friends..... Does that count?

Personally, I don't think it really matters, but the best times to start
cuttings in a greenhouse would probably be the spring and the fall. The
temperature changes aren't quite as drastic. One could always cheat and do
the cuttings inside under lights in the AC, like I do. Perhaps that is why
I say it doesn't matter? I find I have MUCH better luck with cuttings of
anything under lights with 24 hr. fluorescent lights. Maybe the plants like
the stability of the conditions.

my .02

-Tom- Hayes